I am definitely more connected as a result of this class. Although I feel much more comfortable with all of the tools, I know that I still have a ways to go. My learning networks can definitely be expanded to include a more diverse pool of topics, professionals, ideas, etc. But, I think I have reached a place where I can venture out on my own without hesitation and become even more connected.
This couse has taught me so much about what kids can do when they are given the opportunities to use the skills that they already have. Many of the tools that seem intimidating to me are second-nature to my students. I feel the need now, more than ever before, to really take my classroom to the next level and to make the necessary improvements so that my students are receiving true 21st century learning experiences. I really need to turn the learning process over to my students and assume the role of a guide. In a sense, the students of this generation seem to determine their own process of learning depending on how and with whom they connect and what they choose to read, create, contribute to and collaborate on. Textbooks seem so insignificant and in a way they almost limit student learning. I wonder if we will still be using them twenty years from now? With web 2.0 and this new era of web technologies and connectedness, the learning process and education take on a very new, exciting dynamic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I really need to turn the learning process over to my students and assume the role of a guide." This is a very difficult thing to do! Web 2.0 tools such as the ones we used on class can help you do this. It's the skills that you teach your students while modeling their use and encouraging your students to use them that will make your students lifelong learners.
Post a Comment